The Reader Diaries #11: Why I review books


Hi, guys! It has been a week since I last talked to you. I had a few bad mental health days so I took them for myself and tried to rest and sleep. Between having allergic reactions to mosquito bites and piercing headaches I finally seem to be getting better.
The first thing I have to tell you is that I received a book from an author last week! I only got to see it Saturday, since I'm away from home during the week!
The book is Enchanters (Enchanters #1) by K.F. Bradshaw and the lovely author sent it to me for review (an actual paperback copy).
The people of Damea are no strangers to magic. They have wielded it for years - woven it into their societies and everyday lives. It is a part of them, it breathes with them. But the magic is dying, and taking Damea with it. Andrea, an enchanter's apprentice, is determined to bring it back. It will take her as well as the help of a sceptical stranger from another world to find and restore the magic before the land suffocates.

I really love the cover and believe that it will be a good read. I was quite taken with the summary. With this book arriving at my home, I thought that I should tell you a little about the reason why I started to review books.
I was always a little bookworm, avid reader, super book fangirl, ..., whatever you want to call it. I was always drawn to books and reading as I was to eating cake and being on my balcony until the late hours of the night in order to stare at the moon (which is not as poetic as it may sound, it involves a lot of mosquito bites). Walking side by side my love of reading there was always my love of writing and my love of culture. I created my first blog when I was 13 or so and never stopped.
Being a teenage blogger changed my life... well, early teens because I am still 18 and learning a lot. I always blogged for the ability to connect with people that like the same things I do and that fangirl beside me and share my pain and exhaustion.
When the possibility of starting to write a blog about my reading experience and books came to my mind every single one of my friends called me crazy. Having this blog would mean that I had to cut on sleep and study in order to review a decent number of books a month. 
I did it and never regretted doing so. I now am able to share and give visibility to a lot of undermined books and to share my opinions and people actually listen to me. I am part of a group of people whose love of books doesn't stop at the big classics and modern books. Trying to read books from everyone is hard but I am succeeding and I will be able to expand my readings even further.
I also review books because I am the kind of person who loves to see if a book is any good before I dive into it. Being able to tell people that there is this amazing book they should read makes me happy. Sometimes I have to give a negative review and it is hard but still, I keep going and my followers keep growing, which means that more people are listening to what I say. That makes me happy.
I believe that one thing you can take from this post is that blogging makes me happy and reviewing books also makes me happy. That is why I do it.

I leave you with a pretty photo I took on Easter Sunday in Tomar (Portugal). Have a nice day my loves!

Previously on "The Reader Diaries":

No comments